Cong files plaint against CM, ministers; BJP terms it baseless
Panaji: Goa Congress unit on Wednesday filed a police complaint alleging that state Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar was pressurising the policemen to act against them in the backdrop of allegations of involvement in a drug nexus.
State Congress spokesman Sudip Tamankar filed a police complaint at Panaji today alleging that Parrikar, health minister Laxmikant Parsekar and water resources minister Dayanand Mandrekar were "pressurising the police to lodge bogus complaints against him."
Tamankar`s complaint comes a day after Anjuna police registered a case of forgery against him.
Earlier, he had complained to the CBI alleging involvement of Parsekar and Mandrekar in the drug nexus.
The Congress leader had quoted the statements by a citizen, Madhu Kanolkar, recorded by crime branch in 2009, in his complaint to the CBI, wherein the local had alleged involvement of both these ministers, then MLAs, in the drug nexus.
However, Kanolkar yesterday filed a complaint against Tamankar for forging his signature to prepare the fake statement, which was submitted to the CBI.
Tamankar said the complaint against him was "politically motivated."
Meanwhile, Parrikar had yesterday claimed that the case filed against both his ministers with the CBI was "bogus." He had also criticised media for giving "undue publicity to such bogus complaints."
Though the Chief Minister could not be contacted today, a BJP spokesman, speaking on condition of anonymity, said, "Let police investigate the case. We will not like to react to such baseless complaints."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash