Goa Congress confused over all party meet with PM
Panaji: Confusion prevailed in Goa Congress unit over participation in the all party delegation headed by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar that has gone to Delhi to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday.
While Congress Goa unit spokesman Sudip Tamankar said that the party was "not invited to be the part of the delegation by BJP-led state government," a senior party leader said that "Congress legislative party leader Pratapsingh Rane was invited."
Party sources said that Congress MP Francisco Sardinha, who is currently in Delhi, would join the delegation when it goes to meet the Prime Minister later in the evening.
The delegation is demanding a financial package of Rs 3,000 for the people affected with the closure of iron ore mining industry in Goa and also special powers for the state government to enact a legislation to restrict the sale of land to non-Goans.
"Congress has not been invited by Parrikar to be a part of the delegation. There is no official letter written by CM`s office to the party office," Tamankar told reporters this afternoon.
He said that the party has not boycotted the delegation`s visit to PM, but might not join because it is not invited.
A senior Congress leader, however, said that the party will request Sardinha to join the delegation in the larger interest of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27