Goa Congress leaders meet Governor, attack BJP govt
Panaji: As the Manohar Parrikar govenment completed one year in office on Saturday, a delegation of Goa Congress leaders met Governor B V Wanchoo and submitted a memorandum alleging lack of governance.
"The BJP-led alliance managed to come to power by fooling the people. It has failed to fulfil the tall promises made before the Assembly polls," Goa Congress chief Subhash Shirodkar told reporters later.
Shirodkar, who led the delegation, claimed that voters got carried away by "unrealistic" assurances, but now they were mired in worries as the Parrikar government had failed to deliver the goods.
"Not a single project worth mentioning has taken shape in the state. The poor are suffering because of lack of governance," Shirodkar said.
Mocking Parrikar`s appeal to the youth to go back to farming as mining activity has come to halt, Shirodkar said, "Parrikar wants people to take up farming. Government should tell us how much support price it has given to the crops. They have not paid anything. The Chief Minister has no moral right to ask people to go back to the fields."
He also said that Parrikar had once boasted about closing down the mining, and was now pointing fingers at others.
He also said that government had failed to implement schemes for the Scheduled Tribes.
"There was a budgetary allocation of Rs 300 crore, but hardly Rs 30 crore were spent. The community members had applied for various schemes and their applications are kept pending," Shirodkar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far