Goa Congress leaders meet Governor, attack BJP govt
Panaji: As the Manohar Parrikar govenment completed one year in office on Saturday, a delegation of Goa Congress leaders met Governor B V Wanchoo and submitted a memorandum alleging lack of governance.
"The BJP-led alliance managed to come to power by fooling the people. It has failed to fulfil the tall promises made before the Assembly polls," Goa Congress chief Subhash Shirodkar told reporters later.
Shirodkar, who led the delegation, claimed that voters got carried away by "unrealistic" assurances, but now they were mired in worries as the Parrikar government had failed to deliver the goods.
"Not a single project worth mentioning has taken shape in the state. The poor are suffering because of lack of governance," Shirodkar said.
Mocking Parrikar`s appeal to the youth to go back to farming as mining activity has come to halt, Shirodkar said, "Parrikar wants people to take up farming. Government should tell us how much support price it has given to the crops. They have not paid anything. The Chief Minister has no moral right to ask people to go back to the fields."
He also said that Parrikar had once boasted about closing down the mining, and was now pointing fingers at others.
He also said that government had failed to implement schemes for the Scheduled Tribes.
"There was a budgetary allocation of Rs 300 crore, but hardly Rs 30 crore were spent. The community members had applied for various schemes and their applications are kept pending," Shirodkar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video