Goa Congress leaders meet Governor, attack BJP govt
Panaji: As the Manohar Parrikar govenment completed one year in office on Saturday, a delegation of Goa Congress leaders met Governor B V Wanchoo and submitted a memorandum alleging lack of governance.
"The BJP-led alliance managed to come to power by fooling the people. It has failed to fulfil the tall promises made before the Assembly polls," Goa Congress chief Subhash Shirodkar told reporters later.
Shirodkar, who led the delegation, claimed that voters got carried away by "unrealistic" assurances, but now they were mired in worries as the Parrikar government had failed to deliver the goods.
"Not a single project worth mentioning has taken shape in the state. The poor are suffering because of lack of governance," Shirodkar said.
Mocking Parrikar`s appeal to the youth to go back to farming as mining activity has come to halt, Shirodkar said, "Parrikar wants people to take up farming. Government should tell us how much support price it has given to the crops. They have not paid anything. The Chief Minister has no moral right to ask people to go back to the fields."
He also said that Parrikar had once boasted about closing down the mining, and was now pointing fingers at others.
He also said that government had failed to implement schemes for the Scheduled Tribes.
"There was a budgetary allocation of Rs 300 crore, but hardly Rs 30 crore were spent. The community members had applied for various schemes and their applications are kept pending," Shirodkar alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand