Goa double murder case: Accused shifted to hospital
Panaji: One of the two accused in the double murder case near Panjim was admitted to district hospital in south Goa on Saturday night after he complained of ill health.
Osban Fernades, a contractor, who was arrested along with Ramesh Bhagwe for killing labourer couple Shivaji and Sujata Nayak last weekend and trying to kill the couple`s two children, was admitted to Hospicio Hospital, Margao, police said.
Fernandes was being interrogated in the lock-up of Collem police when he felt uneasy and was immediately shifted to the hospital. His condition was now stable, police added.
Meanwhile, a police team led by inspector Jivba Dalvi today recovered a shirt from a creek at Patto near Panaji. Bhagwe had confessed that he had thrown his own shirt in the creek after the killing.
It was recovered with the help of Fire and Emergency personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj