Lokayukta case in job scam involving former minister
Panaji: Goa government has filed a case with Lokayukta for irregularities in job recruitments in the state allegedly involving former agriculture and health minister Vishwajit Rane.
A senior government official said that three cases, two related to job recruitments in agriculture and health departments, have been filed with Lokayukta.
"Rane has been named as an accused in the entire (job recruitment) scam as he was minister of both the departments," the official said.
The cases were transferred from vigilance department and the Anti-Corruption Bureau to the ombudsman body, which is newly formed in the state.
Goa Lokayukta P Sudershan Reddy told PTI that three cases have been filed by the state government, but refused to divulge the details of it.
"We will investigate all the complaints. Even though they have come from the state government, we will investigate it at our level," Reddy said.
The Lokayukta is in the process of forming its investigation wing, which will be headed by an officer to the rank of deputy superintendent of police level.
He said that a list of DySPs have already been submitted by police department to the Lokayukta.
"We will select one officer who is eligible and also has a clear track record," he said, adding that the infrastructure for the ombudsman body is being put in place.
Goa government has recently amended the Goa Lokayukta Bill 2013, under which the Lokayukta will function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez