Nigerians protest death of national, attack police van in Goa
Panaji: A Nigerian was found dead with stab wounds in Mapusa town near here, triggering protests from around 200 Nigerians who blocked a road on the city outskirts and allegedly attacked a police vehicle on Thursday.
At around noon, the Nigerians attacked the police van carrying the body of their fellow national with sticks at Porvorim junction, police said.
They removed the body from the van and kept it on the road, thus blocking the entire traffic in the area following which a huge traffic jam occurred there, they said.
As the situation turned volatile, police force was rushed to the spot.
The Nigerian in his mid-30s was found dead with stab wounds last night in Mapusa town near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof