Nigerians protest death of national, attack police van in Goa
Panaji: A Nigerian was found dead with stab wounds in Mapusa town near here, triggering protests from around 200 Nigerians who blocked a road on the city outskirts and allegedly attacked a police vehicle on Thursday.
At around noon, the Nigerians attacked the police van carrying the body of their fellow national with sticks at Porvorim junction, police said.
They removed the body from the van and kept it on the road, thus blocking the entire traffic in the area following which a huge traffic jam occurred there, they said.
As the situation turned volatile, police force was rushed to the spot.
The Nigerian in his mid-30s was found dead with stab wounds last night in Mapusa town near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!