Nigerians protest death of national, attack police van in Goa
Panaji: A Nigerian was found dead with stab wounds in Mapusa town near here, triggering protests from around 200 Nigerians who blocked a road on the city outskirts and allegedly attacked a police vehicle on Thursday.
At around noon, the Nigerians attacked the police van carrying the body of their fellow national with sticks at Porvorim junction, police said.
They removed the body from the van and kept it on the road, thus blocking the entire traffic in the area following which a huge traffic jam occurred there, they said.
As the situation turned volatile, police force was rushed to the spot.
The Nigerian in his mid-30s was found dead with stab wounds last night in Mapusa town near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi