‘Probe in Vasco rape case on with all seriousness’
Panaji: Probe is going on in the Vasco school girl rape case with all "seriousness" but their efforts have met with little luck, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Wednesday.
"The investigations in the rape case are going on with all seriousness. Police have made this as their prestige issue. But luck should strike," Parrikar told reporters here.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside a school in Vasco town on January 14. The accused is still at large.
All the crucial evidence which would have led the investigators to the perpetrator of the crime have been destroyed by the staff as they had cleaned the girl after the offence, he said.
"Those were crucial evidences that would have helped police. Now they have to identify the accused based on other evidences," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars