‘Probe in Vasco rape case on with all seriousness’
Panaji: Probe is going on in the Vasco school girl rape case with all "seriousness" but their efforts have met with little luck, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Wednesday.
"The investigations in the rape case are going on with all seriousness. Police have made this as their prestige issue. But luck should strike," Parrikar told reporters here.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside a school in Vasco town on January 14. The accused is still at large.
All the crucial evidence which would have led the investigators to the perpetrator of the crime have been destroyed by the staff as they had cleaned the girl after the offence, he said.
"Those were crucial evidences that would have helped police. Now they have to identify the accused based on other evidences," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon