‘Probe in Vasco rape case on with all seriousness’
Panaji: Probe is going on in the Vasco school girl rape case with all "seriousness" but their efforts have met with little luck, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Wednesday.
"The investigations in the rape case are going on with all seriousness. Police have made this as their prestige issue. But luck should strike," Parrikar told reporters here.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside a school in Vasco town on January 14. The accused is still at large.
All the crucial evidence which would have led the investigators to the perpetrator of the crime have been destroyed by the staff as they had cleaned the girl after the offence, he said.
"Those were crucial evidences that would have helped police. Now they have to identify the accused based on other evidences," the chief minister said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Centre buys 2,300 tonnes of onion so far to build buffer
- Revealed! Sanjay Dutt opens up about his comeback plans
- Goa Board 12th HSSC Result 2016: Goaresults.nic.in & Gbshse.gov.in GBSHSE Class 12th HSSC Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 10, 2016
- Head of All World Gayatri Pariwar Pranav Pandya nominated to Rajya Sabha
- India received $48 billion in remittances in 9 months of last fiscal