‘Probe in Vasco rape case on with all seriousness’
Panaji: Probe is going on in the Vasco school girl rape case with all "seriousness" but their efforts have met with little luck, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Wednesday.
"The investigations in the rape case are going on with all seriousness. Police have made this as their prestige issue. But luck should strike," Parrikar told reporters here.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside a school in Vasco town on January 14. The accused is still at large.
All the crucial evidence which would have led the investigators to the perpetrator of the crime have been destroyed by the staff as they had cleaned the girl after the offence, he said.
"Those were crucial evidences that would have helped police. Now they have to identify the accused based on other evidences," the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday