‘Probe in Vasco rape case on with all seriousness’
Panaji: Probe is going on in the Vasco school girl rape case with all "seriousness" but their efforts have met with little luck, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Wednesday.
"The investigations in the rape case are going on with all seriousness. Police have made this as their prestige issue. But luck should strike," Parrikar told reporters here.
A seven-year-old girl was raped inside a school in Vasco town on January 14. The accused is still at large.
All the crucial evidence which would have led the investigators to the perpetrator of the crime have been destroyed by the staff as they had cleaned the girl after the offence, he said.
"Those were crucial evidences that would have helped police. Now they have to identify the accused based on other evidences," the chief minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!