14 Pak fishermen held, two boats seized near Sir Creek
Kutch (Guj): Fourteen Pakistani fishermen were apprehended and two fishing boats seized by the Border Security Force for trespassing into Indian waters near the disputed Sir Creek area, officials said on Tuesday.
"14 Pakistani fishermen were held and their two fishing boats seized from Nal Creek, near Sir Creek, while they were trying to fish in Indian waters late last night," a BSF official said.
The fishermen will be sent to the BSF`s battalion unit at Koteshwar before being handed over to police, who will in turn hand them over to officials at the Joint Interrogation Centre in Bhuj for further investigation, he said.
On December 28, a Pakistani fishing boat was apprehended by BSF from the Harami Nala near the Sir Creek area. The fishermen, however, had managed to evade security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report
- IS may be making chemical weapons, warns watchdog