Ajay Maken addresses Gujarat Congress leaders on media management
New Delhi: As part of an exercise to tone up its media presence ahead of next Lok Sabha elections, Congress general secretary Ajay Maken on Sunday addressed a large number of party spokespersons from Narendra Modi-ruled Gujarat via video-conferencing.
Those addressed by the AICC`s Communication Department in-charge from the national capital, included all state and district level spokespersons of Gujarat, at a media workshop organised by the state unit in Ahmedabad.
The video of the workshop has also been uploaded on YouTube. Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had been laying emphasis on toning up media`s presence of the party, which has traditionally not been so strong as compared to its principal adversary - the BJP.
Modi`s well-organised media strategy also appears to be a factor behind the newly-found thrust in Congress on it.
The party organised a series of seminars on conventional media and social media in recent times to train its equip its spokespersons at the national level and at the Centre to disseminate the party`s viewpoints on key issues properly.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures