Bihar BJP workers leave for Gujarat to help Modi in polls
Patna: Accepting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s invitation, Bihar unit of BJP on Sunday sent over 24 party workers to the western state for assistance in the polls there.
"Nearly two dozen BJP workers from Bihar have left for Gujarat today," state BJP president C P Thakur said.
More workers and leaders would go there in future too for the election purposes, he said.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said, "I have not received any invitation so far for campaigning in Gujarat. When I get an invitation I`ll definetely try to render my services to the party there depending on the engagements back home at that time."
Modi, however, said that in state assembly elections normally local leaders in addition to a few national level leaders were more effective to convey party`s poll issues to the voters.
While Modi would decide his programme for Gujarat when time comes, his BJP colleagues Ashwani Choubey and Giriraj Singh said they would definetely go there.
"I had gone to Surat early this year in connection with Bihar centenary celebration which was also attended by Narendra Modi. The function had received tremendous support from the people of Bihar," Choubey, who is state`s Health Minister, said.
Narendra Modi had on October 21 telephoned state president C P Thakur inviting him and other leaders to his state to campaign for the party.
There is a sizeable section of Bihari population in Surat and Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes