Bihar BJP workers leave for Gujarat to help Modi in polls
Patna: Accepting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s invitation, Bihar unit of BJP on Sunday sent over 24 party workers to the western state for assistance in the polls there.
"Nearly two dozen BJP workers from Bihar have left for Gujarat today," state BJP president C P Thakur said.
More workers and leaders would go there in future too for the election purposes, he said.
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi said, "I have not received any invitation so far for campaigning in Gujarat. When I get an invitation I`ll definetely try to render my services to the party there depending on the engagements back home at that time."
Modi, however, said that in state assembly elections normally local leaders in addition to a few national level leaders were more effective to convey party`s poll issues to the voters.
While Modi would decide his programme for Gujarat when time comes, his BJP colleagues Ashwani Choubey and Giriraj Singh said they would definetely go there.
"I had gone to Surat early this year in connection with Bihar centenary celebration which was also attended by Narendra Modi. The function had received tremendous support from the people of Bihar," Choubey, who is state`s Health Minister, said.
Narendra Modi had on October 21 telephoned state president C P Thakur inviting him and other leaders to his state to campaign for the party.
There is a sizeable section of Bihari population in Surat and Ahmedabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city