BJP emerges winner in taluka, district panchayats bypolls in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: BJP won the taluka and district panchayat bypolls in various parts of Gujarat, the State Election Commission said in a statement here on Tuesday.
Polling to these seats were held on Sunday and votes were counted today.
The party captured the Dhari taluka panchayat as it emerged victorious on ten out of 17 seats in the taluka panchayat in Amreli district, while the Congress won six seats.
Former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) bagged the remaining one seat, the statement said.
The BJP also emerged victorious in three of the four seats in Gandhidham taluka of Kutch district, while the Congress won a seat.
The Congress also won the sole seat in Kutch district`s Nakathrana taluka, the statement said.
Two seats in Mansa taluka of Gandhinagar were shared by both the parties, while two talukas of Kheda and Tapi district were won by the Congress, the statement said.
In the only district panchayat election, BJP tasted success in Medasan of Sabarkantha district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren