Expect uniform SC approach on fake encounters: BJP
New Delhi: With the Supreme Court on Wednesday asking a panel to look into the killings in alleged fake
encounters in BJP-ruled Gujarat between 2002 and 2006, the
party hoped the apex court will adopt the "same
approach" while dealing with similar complaints in other
states as well.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said when the Supreme
Court receives complaints of fake encounters from states like
Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana, he hoped the apex
court will adopt "same approach" in dealing with the cases in
He also said BJP will give a structured response on the
order after going through it.
The Supreme Court has asked the monitoring authority
headed by its former judge to look into the killings in
alleged fake encounters between 2002 to 2006 in Gujarat and
file its report within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA