Expect uniform SC approach on fake encounters: BJP
New Delhi: With the Supreme Court on Wednesday asking a panel to look into the killings in alleged fake
encounters in BJP-ruled Gujarat between 2002 and 2006, the
party hoped the apex court will adopt the "same
approach" while dealing with similar complaints in other
states as well.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said when the Supreme
Court receives complaints of fake encounters from states like
Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana, he hoped the apex
court will adopt "same approach" in dealing with the cases in
He also said BJP will give a structured response on the
order after going through it.
The Supreme Court has asked the monitoring authority
headed by its former judge to look into the killings in
alleged fake encounters between 2002 to 2006 in Gujarat and
file its report within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II