Expect uniform SC approach on fake encounters: BJP
New Delhi: With the Supreme Court on Wednesday asking a panel to look into the killings in alleged fake
encounters in BJP-ruled Gujarat between 2002 and 2006, the
party hoped the apex court will adopt the "same
approach" while dealing with similar complaints in other
states as well.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said when the Supreme
Court receives complaints of fake encounters from states like
Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana, he hoped the apex
court will adopt "same approach" in dealing with the cases in
He also said BJP will give a structured response on the
order after going through it.
The Supreme Court has asked the monitoring authority
headed by its former judge to look into the killings in
alleged fake encounters between 2002 to 2006 in Gujarat and
file its report within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest