Expect uniform SC approach on fake encounters: BJP
New Delhi: With the Supreme Court on Wednesday asking a panel to look into the killings in alleged fake
encounters in BJP-ruled Gujarat between 2002 and 2006, the
party hoped the apex court will adopt the "same
approach" while dealing with similar complaints in other
states as well.
BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said when the Supreme
Court receives complaints of fake encounters from states like
Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana, he hoped the apex
court will adopt "same approach" in dealing with the cases in
He also said BJP will give a structured response on the
order after going through it.
The Supreme Court has asked the monitoring authority
headed by its former judge to look into the killings in
alleged fake encounters between 2002 to 2006 in Gujarat and
file its report within three months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference