Four new Gujarat HC judges take oath
Ahmedabad: Four new additional judges of Gujarat High Court took oath of office here on Monday.
With the appointment of SG Shah, GR Udhwani, SH Vora and RD Kothari, the strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court increased to 32, against the sanctioned strength of 42.
Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya administered them oath of office at a ceremony in the Committee Room of the High Court.
Justice SG Shah was earlier a Registrar of the Supreme Court, GR Udhwani was Registrar General of Gujarat High Court, SH Vora was Principal and District Judge at City Civil and Sessions Court, Ahmedabad, and RD Kothari was Principal and District Judge at Nadiad in the state.
Registrar (Judicial) MJ Thakkar has been now made in-charge Registrar General of Gujarat HC.
State Law Minister Dilip Sanghani, Minister of State for Law Pradipsinh Jadeja, President of Gujarat High Court Advocate`s association Vijay Patel, Advocate General Kamal Trivedi, Additional Advocate General Tushar Mehta and Government Pleader Prakash Jani, among others, were present in the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog