Four new Gujarat HC judges take oath
Ahmedabad: Four new additional judges of Gujarat High Court took oath of office here on Monday.
With the appointment of SG Shah, GR Udhwani, SH Vora and RD Kothari, the strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court increased to 32, against the sanctioned strength of 42.
Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya administered them oath of office at a ceremony in the Committee Room of the High Court.
Justice SG Shah was earlier a Registrar of the Supreme Court, GR Udhwani was Registrar General of Gujarat High Court, SH Vora was Principal and District Judge at City Civil and Sessions Court, Ahmedabad, and RD Kothari was Principal and District Judge at Nadiad in the state.
Registrar (Judicial) MJ Thakkar has been now made in-charge Registrar General of Gujarat HC.
State Law Minister Dilip Sanghani, Minister of State for Law Pradipsinh Jadeja, President of Gujarat High Court Advocate`s association Vijay Patel, Advocate General Kamal Trivedi, Additional Advocate General Tushar Mehta and Government Pleader Prakash Jani, among others, were present in the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured