Four new Gujarat HC judges take oath
Ahmedabad: Four new additional judges of Gujarat High Court took oath of office here on Monday.
With the appointment of SG Shah, GR Udhwani, SH Vora and RD Kothari, the strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court increased to 32, against the sanctioned strength of 42.
Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya administered them oath of office at a ceremony in the Committee Room of the High Court.
Justice SG Shah was earlier a Registrar of the Supreme Court, GR Udhwani was Registrar General of Gujarat High Court, SH Vora was Principal and District Judge at City Civil and Sessions Court, Ahmedabad, and RD Kothari was Principal and District Judge at Nadiad in the state.
Registrar (Judicial) MJ Thakkar has been now made in-charge Registrar General of Gujarat HC.
State Law Minister Dilip Sanghani, Minister of State for Law Pradipsinh Jadeja, President of Gujarat High Court Advocate`s association Vijay Patel, Advocate General Kamal Trivedi, Additional Advocate General Tushar Mehta and Government Pleader Prakash Jani, among others, were present in the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj