Guj: Lion cub crushed to death by train
Vadodara: A lion cub was killed after being run over by a train at a village near Gir National Park in Amreli district.
"The postmortem confirmed that the cub was killed in a train accident," deputy conservator of forest J M Makwana said today.
The body of the cub, around 5-6 months` old, was found lying near the Rajula-Pipavav railway track yesterday, Makwana said.
Spread over 1,412 sq kms of forest land, the Gir National Park falls under the jurisdiction of Junagadh and Amreli and houses 411 Asiatic lions, as per a census conducted in April 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!