Guj: Lion cub crushed to death by train
Vadodara: A lion cub was killed after being run over by a train at a village near Gir National Park in Amreli district.
"The postmortem confirmed that the cub was killed in a train accident," deputy conservator of forest J M Makwana said today.
The body of the cub, around 5-6 months` old, was found lying near the Rajula-Pipavav railway track yesterday, Makwana said.
Spread over 1,412 sq kms of forest land, the Gir National Park falls under the jurisdiction of Junagadh and Amreli and houses 411 Asiatic lions, as per a census conducted in April 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?