Gujarat: Ex-BJP MP Anant Dave passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Anant Dave on Sunday passed away in Kutch after a battle with cancer, family sources said. He was 74.
Dave was unanimously selected as BJP`s Rajya Sabha member for two successive terms (1990-2002).
He was also appointed as the chairman of Narmada Jal Sichai Nigam, a state government unit, by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Sad to hear about demise of party colleague Anantbhai Dave, who played a key role in the development of Kutch. May his soul rest in peace," Modi tweeted.
BJP national vice-president Purushottam Rupala and state unit president R C Faldu also expressed grief at the death of the leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof