Gujarat: Ex-BJP MP Anant Dave passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Anant Dave on Sunday passed away in Kutch after a battle with cancer, family sources said. He was 74.
Dave was unanimously selected as BJP`s Rajya Sabha member for two successive terms (1990-2002).
He was also appointed as the chairman of Narmada Jal Sichai Nigam, a state government unit, by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Sad to hear about demise of party colleague Anantbhai Dave, who played a key role in the development of Kutch. May his soul rest in peace," Modi tweeted.
BJP national vice-president Purushottam Rupala and state unit president R C Faldu also expressed grief at the death of the leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery