Gujarat on alert following Bangalore blast
Ahmedabad: An alert has been sounded across Gujarat in the wake of the blast near BJP office in Bangalore on Wednesday, a top police officer said.
"We have sounded alert to police commissioners and district police heads in the state following the bomb blast in Bangalore," state police chief Amitabh Pathak said.
When asked whether security at state BJP office in Ahmedabad and other offices in districts was beefed up, Pathak said, "in alert situation, police keep a close vigil at all sensitive and important places and installations in the state".
Pathak said additional vigil was being maintained by police at crowded places like railway stations, bus stations, malls and hospitals.
Security check-ups are being put in place at entry points to Ahmedabad which was rocked by series of bomb blasts in June 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet