Gujarat on alert following Bangalore blast
Ahmedabad: An alert has been sounded across Gujarat in the wake of the blast near BJP office in Bangalore on Wednesday, a top police officer said.
"We have sounded alert to police commissioners and district police heads in the state following the bomb blast in Bangalore," state police chief Amitabh Pathak said.
When asked whether security at state BJP office in Ahmedabad and other offices in districts was beefed up, Pathak said, "in alert situation, police keep a close vigil at all sensitive and important places and installations in the state".
Pathak said additional vigil was being maintained by police at crowded places like railway stations, bus stations, malls and hospitals.
Security check-ups are being put in place at entry points to Ahmedabad which was rocked by series of bomb blasts in June 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!