Gujarat polls 2012: BJP observers to spot candidates
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP will send Observers to each district of the state in coming days to select candidates for upcoming Assembly polls.
"A panel of three members will travel between October 18 to 28 to each district of the state and eight municipal corporations. Prospective candidates can represent their aspiration to contest before the Observers," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
The three-member panels will comprise a woman member in each team and they will cover all the 182 constituencies in ten days, he said.
As per the party process after receiving inputs from constituencies, the state leadership will set up a panel of three names per constituency and finalise candidates.
This was decided in a state-level meeting of BJP held at Koba in Gandhinagar where chief minister Narendra Modi, BJP in-charge Balbir Punj and state BJP president RC Faldu were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India