Gujarat polls 2012: BJP observers to spot candidates
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP will send Observers to each district of the state in coming days to select candidates for upcoming Assembly polls.
"A panel of three members will travel between October 18 to 28 to each district of the state and eight municipal corporations. Prospective candidates can represent their aspiration to contest before the Observers," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
The three-member panels will comprise a woman member in each team and they will cover all the 182 constituencies in ten days, he said.
As per the party process after receiving inputs from constituencies, the state leadership will set up a panel of three names per constituency and finalise candidates.
This was decided in a state-level meeting of BJP held at Koba in Gandhinagar where chief minister Narendra Modi, BJP in-charge Balbir Punj and state BJP president RC Faldu were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan