Gujarat polls 2012: BJP observers to spot candidates
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP will send Observers to each district of the state in coming days to select candidates for upcoming Assembly polls.
"A panel of three members will travel between October 18 to 28 to each district of the state and eight municipal corporations. Prospective candidates can represent their aspiration to contest before the Observers," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
The three-member panels will comprise a woman member in each team and they will cover all the 182 constituencies in ten days, he said.
As per the party process after receiving inputs from constituencies, the state leadership will set up a panel of three names per constituency and finalise candidates.
This was decided in a state-level meeting of BJP held at Koba in Gandhinagar where chief minister Narendra Modi, BJP in-charge Balbir Punj and state BJP president RC Faldu were present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate