‘Narayan Sai had relations with many women’
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: In a sensational revelation, Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana on Tuesday said that Narayan Sai’s wife Janki has confirmed that her husband had relations with other women.
Divulging the details after questioning Sai’s wife, Surat Police Commissioner said that Janki has told the police that she didn’t live with her husband as he had relations with other women.
“During interrogations, Janki also told police that Sai is the father of Jamuna`s son,” Asthana said. Jamuna was a female associate of Sai.
Earlier reports had claimed that Ganga, another female associate, had confessed that Sai is the father of Jamuna’s son.
A few days ago, it was reported that the police have revealed that the self-styled godman Asarams son Sai had a fetish for sex.
Reports quoted Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana as saying that Sai is a habitual sex offender and that he used to indulge in such acts regularly.
Sai has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat, Gujarat on October 6.
Surat Police had registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram.
The Jodhpur police earlier filed a chargesheet against spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, over two months after he was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a girl. The police have charged the self-styled godman with wrongful confinement and rape of a 16-year-old girl.
On Aug 20, the minor girl lodged a police complaint accusing Asaram, 72, of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur September 1.
Asaram is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since September 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title