‘Narayan Sai had relations with many women’
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: In a sensational revelation, Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana on Tuesday said that Narayan Sai’s wife Janki has confirmed that her husband had relations with other women.
Divulging the details after questioning Sai’s wife, Surat Police Commissioner said that Janki has told the police that she didn’t live with her husband as he had relations with other women.
“During interrogations, Janki also told police that Sai is the father of Jamuna`s son,” Asthana said. Jamuna was a female associate of Sai.
Earlier reports had claimed that Ganga, another female associate, had confessed that Sai is the father of Jamuna’s son.
A few days ago, it was reported that the police have revealed that the self-styled godman Asarams son Sai had a fetish for sex.
Reports quoted Surat Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana as saying that Sai is a habitual sex offender and that he used to indulge in such acts regularly.
Sai has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat, Gujarat on October 6.
Surat Police had registered complaints filed by two sisters - one against Asaram and another against his son Sai - of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
The elder of the two sisters, in her complaint, had accused Asaram of sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister had filed a complaint against Sai, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram.
The Jodhpur police earlier filed a chargesheet against spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, over two months after he was arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a girl. The police have charged the self-styled godman with wrongful confinement and rape of a 16-year-old girl.
On Aug 20, the minor girl lodged a police complaint accusing Asaram, 72, of sexually assaulting her at his ashram near Jodhpur.
Asaram was arrested from his ashram in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and brought to Jodhpur September 1.
Asaram is lodged in the Jodhpur Central Jail since September 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon