Narendra Modi invokes Swami Vivekananda, says `youth will take India to great heights`
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Saturday said that he firmly believes in Swami Vivekananda`s saying that youth would power India into the future.
“Swami Vivekananda had said, `youth will take India to great heights` and I firmly believe in it,”said the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Stressing on empowering the youth, Modi said that a youthful nation like India must leave an impact on the entire world.
“Our country is blessed that we are the most youthful nation in the world and 65 percent of our people are under 35 of age,” Modi said while addressing the Swami Vivekananda Youth Convention.
Youth of this nation showcased the strength of India during the IT revolution to the entire world,” the BJP leader exhorted.
Emphasising on skill development, Modi asserted, “The quicker we focus on this aspect and give importance the better it would be for the country.”
The results of two opinion polls released on Friday have come as a good news for the BJP, and a warning bell for the ruling Congress.
The surveys - one conducted by an English news channel and CSDS, while the other conducted by a leading magazine and C-Voter - show that BJP`s Narendra Modi is on course to becoming the next prime minister of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH