Narendra Modi slams Cong for `mismanaging` country
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday slammed the Congress for what he called the country`s "durdasha" (mismanagement) and urged the Gujarat BJP Mahila Morcha to prevent the Congress from coming to power in the state.
"Congress is campaigning for `change of direction, change of situation` in Gujarat. But due to the bad direction of the Congress, our country is in a bad situation at present. You will not let that atmosphere of `durdasha` enter our soil," he said while addressing a gathering of BJP Mahila Morcha in Gandhinagar.
He also took a dig at the Congress for being "intolerant" to criticism. He mentioned a circular of the Gujarat Congress banning a regional TV channel from covering its events.
"Journalists on Twitter, who spoke against Congress, were blocked. Here they banned a TV channel. Their crime is that they exposed cracks in the `ghar nu ghar` (own your home) scheme of the Congress. Yet this party talks about democracy," he said.
He urged them to remember the Emergency imposed by late prime minister Indira Gandhi in the 1970s when civil freedoms were suspended and a reign of terror was unleashed.
"Remember the days of Indira Gandhi, when she attacked democracy.
There was widespread fear of the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA), which was repealed in 1977. People were jailed, but they voted her out," Modi added.
He exhaulted BJP Mahila Morcha members to focus at the booth level for the forthcoming assembly elections in the state, which is likely to be held in December this year.
"Elections are won at the booth level. If women decide and bring at least 300 votes per booth for BJP, we will emerge victorious," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Delhi Assembly passes resolution against MHA notification: As it happened