Policeman dies in Gujarat after his gun goes off accidentally
Ahmedabad: A State Reserve Police (SRP) personnel posted at the state secretariat in Gandhinagar, died after his service sten gun went off accidentally, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place last night when the gun of ASI Veerpal Chauhan (of Group-7 Nadiad) presently posted at gate number 7 of state secretariat, fell and the trigger went off, they said.
According to police, the on-duty ASI was hit by a bullet and fell down on the ground bleeding profusely.
He died before medical aid could reach him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?