Senior Gujarat Congress MLA joins BJP
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leader and former MLA Shankarbhai Vaghela, who was sulking after denial of ticket by his party in 2012 Assembly polls, joined BJP on Monday.
Vaghela had represented Chaklasi Assembly constituency in Kheda district seven times. However, he was denied ticket by Congress in last year elections as his constituency ceased to exist post delimitation.
"Vaghela, along with his followers, joined BJP today and was welcomed by BJP leader Narhari Amin," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
Vaghela had contested as an Independent from Mahudha constituency in Kheda district but lost.
The BJP is gearing up for elections to municipalities to be held on February 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre