Senior Gujarat Congress MLA joins BJP
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leader and former MLA Shankarbhai Vaghela, who was sulking after denial of ticket by his party in 2012 Assembly polls, joined BJP on Monday.
Vaghela had represented Chaklasi Assembly constituency in Kheda district seven times. However, he was denied ticket by Congress in last year elections as his constituency ceased to exist post delimitation.
"Vaghela, along with his followers, joined BJP today and was welcomed by BJP leader Narhari Amin," BJP spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
Vaghela had contested as an Independent from Mahudha constituency in Kheda district but lost.
The BJP is gearing up for elections to municipalities to be held on February 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress