Seven dead in ammonia gas leakage in Gujarat
Mehsana: Seven persons died of asphyxiation after they got trapped inside a cold storage factory following the leakage of ammonia gas at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka of North Gujarat on Saturday, police said.
Prima facie it appeared that rupture in a pipeline carrying the gas to the factory resulted into the leakage, which has been stopped, according to a fire department official.
"Seven persons, including a woman, asphyxiated to death after ammonia gas leakage in a cold storage factory at Ranasan GIDC in Vijapur taluka here," police said.
The deceased are identified as Rahul Teja (20), Vihol Baldevsinh (35), Vihol Laxmansinh (40), Hirensinh Laxmansinh (40) and Daksha Naransinh (40)--all hailing from Pilvai village in Vijapur taluka---and Sanjay Parmar (22) of Vijapur and Shrelkumar Rathod (33) of Ranasan, police said.
A probe is on to find out how the pipeline got ruptured, the official said.
Earlier, firemen gained entry into the unit after cutting the roof and razing the sidewall.
Three teams of fire brigade from Mansa, Mehsana and Vijapur, along with a team from ONGC, and police were involved in rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof