Tanker carrying ATF catches fire after collision
Nashik: A tanker carrying highly inflammable air turbojet fuel from Sabarmati in Gujarat to Pune caught fire after a head-on collision with a container at Lavhati junction on the Vinchur-Prakasha road.
There were no casualties in the accident that took place yesterday as drivers of both vehicles got out in time.
Four motorcycle riders, who were behind the tanker, left their bikes and fled when the flames burst out. The bikes, along with the tanker and the container (which was heading for Gujarat) were reduced to ashes.
Fire also spread to the adjoining field and damaged the onion crop and the fodder stored there. The flames were so big that they could be seen from miles away, police said.
The traffic on the road was diverted on Taharabad-Nampur and Satana-Nampur roads, as the fire could be brought under the control late in the evening by fire tenders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi