`Temperature may dip by 2 degrees in Gujarat`
Ahmedabad: Temperatures may dip in Gujarat, which is reeling under a heat wave, by at least two degrees over the next two days, the local met department has forecast.
"At the lower levels of the region, the prevalence of westerly winds is expected to reduce the temperature by 2 degrees," Regional Director at Indian Meteorological Department, Ahmedabad, Jayant Sarkar said.
"Because of the prevalence of westerly winds, there will be moisture incursion, which will reduce the average temperature," he said.
Temperature in the city is expected to be around 42 degrees Celsius over the next 48 hours, he said, adding that there is no warning of heat wave in the state for the next two days.
Weather across the state will remain the same, he said.
Severe heat conditions prevail in some parts of Gujarat with mercury touching 44 degrees in some areas. In Ahmedabad and Amreli, temperatures were recorded at 43 degrees Celsius while Rajkot registered 42 degrees Celsius yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened