`Temperature may dip by 2 degrees in Gujarat`
Ahmedabad: Temperatures may dip in Gujarat, which is reeling under a heat wave, by at least two degrees over the next two days, the local met department has forecast.
"At the lower levels of the region, the prevalence of westerly winds is expected to reduce the temperature by 2 degrees," Regional Director at Indian Meteorological Department, Ahmedabad, Jayant Sarkar said.
"Because of the prevalence of westerly winds, there will be moisture incursion, which will reduce the average temperature," he said.
Temperature in the city is expected to be around 42 degrees Celsius over the next 48 hours, he said, adding that there is no warning of heat wave in the state for the next two days.
Weather across the state will remain the same, he said.
Severe heat conditions prevail in some parts of Gujarat with mercury touching 44 degrees in some areas. In Ahmedabad and Amreli, temperatures were recorded at 43 degrees Celsius while Rajkot registered 42 degrees Celsius yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you