Two die of swine flu in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died of swine flu at a government hospital here on Sunday, pushing the death toll from the disease to seven since the onset of winter.
"With the death of Salma Abid (24) and Karsan Kanjaria (57) at government hospital here, the number of persons having succumbed to swine flu in the district since onset of winter has risen to seven," District Health Officer JJ Pandya said.
Salma, a native of Rajkot, and Kanjaria were among six patients who had tested positive for the infection, he said, adding that a one-year-old child and a former doctor of the government hospital who are among the four others having contracted the infection, are recovering.
"A medical team has been sent to localities from where swine flu cases were reported," Pandya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list