Two die of swine flu in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died of swine flu at a government hospital here on Sunday, pushing the death toll from the disease to seven since the onset of winter.
"With the death of Salma Abid (24) and Karsan Kanjaria (57) at government hospital here, the number of persons having succumbed to swine flu in the district since onset of winter has risen to seven," District Health Officer JJ Pandya said.
Salma, a native of Rajkot, and Kanjaria were among six patients who had tested positive for the infection, he said, adding that a one-year-old child and a former doctor of the government hospital who are among the four others having contracted the infection, are recovering.
"A medical team has been sent to localities from where swine flu cases were reported," Pandya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them