Two die of swine flu in Jamnagar
Jamnagar: Two persons died of swine flu at a government hospital here on Sunday, pushing the death toll from the disease to seven since the onset of winter.
"With the death of Salma Abid (24) and Karsan Kanjaria (57) at government hospital here, the number of persons having succumbed to swine flu in the district since onset of winter has risen to seven," District Health Officer JJ Pandya said.
Salma, a native of Rajkot, and Kanjaria were among six patients who had tested positive for the infection, he said, adding that a one-year-old child and a former doctor of the government hospital who are among the four others having contracted the infection, are recovering.
"A medical team has been sent to localities from where swine flu cases were reported," Pandya added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter