Vaju Vala named `pro tem` Speaker of Gujarat Assembly
Ahmedabad: Former state Finance Minister and one of BJP`s most senior MLAs Vajubhai Vala has been selected as the `pro tem` Speaker of the new state Assembly on Wednesday.
Following the resignation of Ganpat Vasava as the Speaker of the last assembly, Vala has been selected as the presiding officer of the House until a new Speaker is elected.
Vasava took oath as cabinet minister in the 17-member council headed by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
In the wake of his inclusion in the cabinet, Vasava tendered his resignation from the Speaker`s post and the seven-time BJP MLA from Rajkot was selected as `pro tem` speaker.
When Modi took oath as chief minister of the state for the fourth time in a row, everyone was surprised when Vala was dropped from the list of ministers who were sworn-in with Modi.
As Gujarat`s Finance Minster, Vala has a record of presenting the state budget 18 times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you