755 cases of dengue reported in Haryana
Chandigarh: In the view of rise in cases of dengue in Haryana, especially in Gurgaon and Faridabad districts, the state health department has further advised district hospitals to help prevent the spread of the disease.
A total of 755 dengue cases have been reported from Haryana, out of which Gurgaon district is the worst affected with a total 250 cases and 212 cases in Faridabad.
Haryana`s Director Health Services (Malaria), Dr Kamla Singh said, districts like Karnal and Yamunanagar are also among the worst affected.
So far two deaths have been reported due to the vector-borne disease--one each in Sonepat and Kaithal, she said.
"We have sent an advisory to all district hospitals on the line of treatment to the patients. The health department had got into action since June, spreading awareness about the disease and urging people to avoid improper water storage," Singh said.
Unlike last year, when dengue cases were registered only at the beginning of October, this year the outbreak was reported earlier with monsoon arriving in mid-June in Haryana, three weeks earlier than its normal schedule, she noted.
Fogging is being carried out in the areas where dengue cases have been reported, she said, adding, their efforts must be supplemented by the civic authorities to maintain cleanliness and drain out stagnant water.
"We have sent out a communication to Deputy Commissioners and the civic bodies to put in more efforts to keep the localities clean," she added.
In 2010, 866 dengue cases were reported in the state with 21 deaths, out of which Gurgaon alone accounted for 631 cases and 13 deaths.
In 2011, only 267 cases with three deaths were reported in the state, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum