Anna Hazare appeals to Kejriwal to call of his fast
Ambala: Social activist Anna Hazare on Thursday appealed to Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) party leader Arvind Kejriwal to call off his fast in Delhi over inflated electricity bills.
Hazare, addressing a rally here, said his life was important to the fight against corruption as he has a lot to do for the society.
Kejriwal`s hunger strike against inflated electricity bills in Delhi entered 13th day today. Hazare had made a similar appeal to Kejriwal when he had met him on March 30 in the national capital.
The anti-corruption activist, who recently began his `Jantantra Yatra`, addressed public rallies at Ambala Cantonment and Thapar Grounds in Yamunanagar where he appealed to his supporters to come forward to strengthen the democracy.
While addressing the gathering at Thapar Ground, Hazare alleged that there was danger to his life and even `supari` (hiring contract killers) had been given to kill him.
"But I have faith in God and am not afraid of such type of threats," he said.
Referring to Lokpal bill, the anti-corruption leader said political parties should jointly support it in the interest of the country.
Describing his movement against corruption as second struggle for independence, Hazare said the country can now be only saved with the active cooperation of people.
He asked people to know the value of their vote and teach a lesson to corrupt and dishonest candidates.
Later while speaking to reporters, Hazare said he would not form any political party nor would he support the candidates of any specific political party.
Former Army chief Gen V K Singh, who has been touring along with Hazare, said Anna was the hope of the country.
"Anna has the capability to make the country free of corruption," Singh said.
A road show and a public meeting in Mullana town was also organised as part of Hazare`s yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!