Bhupinder Singh Hooda hails Railway budget
Chandigarh: Hailing the Rail budget, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday said the proposal to set up a rail coach manufacturing unit in Sonepat and introduction of new rail lines had fulfilled long-standing demands of the state.
Talking to reporters here, Hooda welcomed proposals to introduce rail services to Mewat area and new lines linking Delhi-Sohna-Nuh-Firozepur Jhirka-Alwar and Hisar-Sirsa via Agroha and Fatehabad.
He thanked UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Railway Minister Pawan Bansal for meeting the demands of the state.
The state assembly also passed a resolution, moved by Parliamentary Affairs minister Randeep Singh Surjewala, thanking Gandhi, Manmohan Singh and Bansal for announcing new rail projects for Haryana.
Surjewala said a major project like setting up a coach manufacturing unit in Sonepat would create job opportunities for youths.
Hooda appreciated the proposal to run some of the trains through Haryana including the Bandra Terminus-Hissar Express (weekly) via Ahmedabad; Kalka-Sai Nagar Shirdi Express (bi-weekly) via Hazrat Nizamuddin, Bhopal,Itarsi and Katra-Kalka Express (bi weekly) via Morinda.
Hooda said the proposal to introduce MEMU services on the Delhi-Rohtak link replacing the conventional service and DEMU services on Delhi-Kurukshetra via Kaithal and Rohtak-Rewari links would benefit many.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today