BJP Kisan Morcha to hold two-day national executive meet
Chandigarh: Members of the national executive of BJP Kisan Morcha will gather at Bahadurgarh in Haryana to discuss the problems and challenges being faced by the agriculture sector and to frame a strategy to deal with them.
"Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh will attend the two-day meeting to be held from June 7 at Bahadurgarh," President of BJP Kisan Morcha O P Dhankar told reporters here today.
The two-day sessions would dwell on Seed Bill and Pesticides Management Bill, which have been pending for a long time.
Challenges being faced in the form of cancer as a by-product of extensive chemical farming and dwindling quality of crops would also be discussed, he said, adding issues like disaster management and challenges ahead for different states would also be taken into consideration.
Apart from these, intrinsic issues of strengthening infrastructural facilities, irrigation, market, cheaper land, seeds, pesticides and other input costs would also be discussed in the meet.
Dhankar said BJP Kisan Morcha has been demanding for implementation of recommendation of MS Swaminathan Commission, whereby 50 per cent profit on input cost should be given to farmers. BJP had even promised in its election manifesto to implement Swaminathan Commission recommendation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!