Elderly Dalit woman killed in Haryana
Rewari (Har): An elderly woman was allegedly beaten to death by two persons after she lodged a case against their brother for attempting to molest her daughter-in-law in Asalwas village here, police said on Wednesday.
Todi Devi (70) was mercilessly beaten up by Hukam Singh Gujjar(40) and his younger brother Satish Gujjar(23) last night at her residence when she refused to withdraw the case against their brother, they said.
The woman died on the spot.
The duo`s brother Dhani Ram Gujjar had allegedly attempted to molest the 40-year-old daughter-in-law of Todi Devi on the night of March 9.
He was was later arrested and remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA