Elderly Dalit woman killed in Haryana
Rewari (Har): An elderly woman was allegedly beaten to death by two persons after she lodged a case against their brother for attempting to molest her daughter-in-law in Asalwas village here, police said on Wednesday.
Todi Devi (70) was mercilessly beaten up by Hukam Singh Gujjar(40) and his younger brother Satish Gujjar(23) last night at her residence when she refused to withdraw the case against their brother, they said.
The woman died on the spot.
The duo`s brother Dhani Ram Gujjar had allegedly attempted to molest the 40-year-old daughter-in-law of Todi Devi on the night of March 9.
He was was later arrested and remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof