Elderly Dalit woman killed in Haryana
Rewari (Har): An elderly woman was allegedly beaten to death by two persons after she lodged a case against their brother for attempting to molest her daughter-in-law in Asalwas village here, police said on Wednesday.
Todi Devi (70) was mercilessly beaten up by Hukam Singh Gujjar(40) and his younger brother Satish Gujjar(23) last night at her residence when she refused to withdraw the case against their brother, they said.
The woman died on the spot.
The duo`s brother Dhani Ram Gujjar had allegedly attempted to molest the 40-year-old daughter-in-law of Todi Devi on the night of March 9.
He was was later arrested and remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III