Elderly Dalit woman killed in Haryana
Rewari (Har): An elderly woman was allegedly beaten to death by two persons after she lodged a case against their brother for attempting to molest her daughter-in-law in Asalwas village here, police said on Wednesday.
Todi Devi (70) was mercilessly beaten up by Hukam Singh Gujjar(40) and his younger brother Satish Gujjar(23) last night at her residence when she refused to withdraw the case against their brother, they said.
The woman died on the spot.
The duo`s brother Dhani Ram Gujjar had allegedly attempted to molest the 40-year-old daughter-in-law of Todi Devi on the night of March 9.
He was was later arrested and remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday