Elderly Dalit woman killed in Haryana
Rewari (Har): An elderly woman was allegedly beaten to death by two persons after she lodged a case against their brother for attempting to molest her daughter-in-law in Asalwas village here, police said on Wednesday.
Todi Devi (70) was mercilessly beaten up by Hukam Singh Gujjar(40) and his younger brother Satish Gujjar(23) last night at her residence when she refused to withdraw the case against their brother, they said.
The woman died on the spot.
The duo`s brother Dhani Ram Gujjar had allegedly attempted to molest the 40-year-old daughter-in-law of Todi Devi on the night of March 9.
He was was later arrested and remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday.
Meanwhile, efforts are on to nab the absconding accused while the further probes are on, police added.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!