Geetika suicide case: Co-accused Aruna Chadha denied bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday rejected the bail plea of Aruna Chadha, a co-accused with former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda in the suicide of an air hostess, a day after she surrendered on expiry of two-month interim bail.
Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta rejected the bail plea of Aruna, who had sought regular bail saying she is mother of a nine-year-old girl, and wanted to take care of her daughter.
The court had granted two month interim bail to Aruna, which expired on November 15. The court had denied bail to main accused Kanda on October 14, saying the stage of the trial is at the threshold and considering his power and status, his mere presence is likely to intimidate witnesses.
On November 13, the Delhi High Court had disposed of as "infructuous" the Delhi Police`s plea for cancellation of her interim bail since a substantial period of the same was already over.
Aruna was arrested in the case on August 8, last year while Kanda had surrendered on August 18. They are facing trial for offence of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old Geetika, who was earlier employed as an air hostess in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim. Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?