Geetika suicide case: Co-accused Aruna Chadha denied bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday rejected the bail plea of Aruna Chadha, a co-accused with former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda in the suicide of an air hostess, a day after she surrendered on expiry of two-month interim bail.
Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta rejected the bail plea of Aruna, who had sought regular bail saying she is mother of a nine-year-old girl, and wanted to take care of her daughter.
The court had granted two month interim bail to Aruna, which expired on November 15. The court had denied bail to main accused Kanda on October 14, saying the stage of the trial is at the threshold and considering his power and status, his mere presence is likely to intimidate witnesses.
On November 13, the Delhi High Court had disposed of as "infructuous" the Delhi Police`s plea for cancellation of her interim bail since a substantial period of the same was already over.
Aruna was arrested in the case on August 8, last year while Kanda had surrendered on August 18. They are facing trial for offence of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old Geetika, who was earlier employed as an air hostess in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim. Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged