Geetika suicide case: Co-accused Aruna Chadha denied bail
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday rejected the bail plea of Aruna Chadha, a co-accused with former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda in the suicide of an air hostess, a day after she surrendered on expiry of two-month interim bail.
Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta rejected the bail plea of Aruna, who had sought regular bail saying she is mother of a nine-year-old girl, and wanted to take care of her daughter.
The court had granted two month interim bail to Aruna, which expired on November 15. The court had denied bail to main accused Kanda on October 14, saying the stage of the trial is at the threshold and considering his power and status, his mere presence is likely to intimidate witnesses.
On November 13, the Delhi High Court had disposed of as "infructuous" the Delhi Police`s plea for cancellation of her interim bail since a substantial period of the same was already over.
Aruna was arrested in the case on August 8, last year while Kanda had surrendered on August 18. They are facing trial for offence of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old Geetika, who was earlier employed as an air hostess in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim. Geetika was found dead on August 5, 2012 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chadha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days