Gurgaon has lowest sex ratio in Haryana
Chandigarh: Gurgaon - the most progressive city of Haryana - has figured among districts having lowest sex ratio even as overall sex ratio of Haryana has increased to 879.
According to data rolled out by Haryana Census department here for Census 2011, lowest sex ratio was reported in Gurgaon at 854, Sonipat at 856 and Jhajjar at 862.
Sex ratio dipped in Mahendragarh by 23 points from 918 as per 2001 census to 895 and in Rewari by one point to 898.
The highest sex ratio was observed in Mewat at 907, followed by Fatehabad at 902, as per data.
Overall sex ratio of Haryana jumped from 861 in 2001 to 879 as per the census 2011.
Sex ratio in rural areas also increased to 882 from 866 and in urban areas from 847 to 873.
The growth of Haryana`s population during census 2011 was more than that of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh and Uttarakhand.
Haryana`s population grew by 19.9 per cent to 2.53 crore during census 2011 as against population during census 2001.
The decadal growth of neighbouring states including Punjab was at 13.9 per cent, Himachal Pradesh at 12.9 per cent, UT Chandigarh at 17.2 per cent, Uttarakhand at 18.8 per cent, Rajasthan at 21.3 and Uttar Pradesh at 20.2 per cent.
Growth of population in rural areas was 9.8 per cent while in urban areas was 44.6 per cent, as per the data.
Density of population of Haryana state has increased from 478 during 2001 to 573 in 2011.
The literacy rate of the state has improved from 67.9 per cent in 2001 to 75.6 per cent in 2011.
In rural areas, literacy rate increased from 63.2 per cent to 71.4 per cent and in urban areas from 79.2 per cent to 83.1 per cent, according to data.
Maximum literacy has been recorded in Gurgaon district at 84.7 per cent, Panchkula at 81.9 and Ambala at 81.7.
Minimum literacy percentage was recorded in Mewat at 54.1, Fatehabad at 67.9 and Sirsa at 68.8.
Female literacy registered an overall increase of 10.2 per cent from 55.7 to 65.9 in 2011.
The percentage share of scheduled caste in Haryana has increased to 20.2 per cent as compared to 19.3 per cent in Census 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM