Gurgaon has lowest sex ratio in Haryana
Chandigarh: Gurgaon - the most progressive city of Haryana - has figured among districts having lowest sex ratio even as overall sex ratio of Haryana has increased to 879.
According to data rolled out by Haryana Census department here for Census 2011, lowest sex ratio was reported in Gurgaon at 854, Sonipat at 856 and Jhajjar at 862.
Sex ratio dipped in Mahendragarh by 23 points from 918 as per 2001 census to 895 and in Rewari by one point to 898.
The highest sex ratio was observed in Mewat at 907, followed by Fatehabad at 902, as per data.
Overall sex ratio of Haryana jumped from 861 in 2001 to 879 as per the census 2011.
Sex ratio in rural areas also increased to 882 from 866 and in urban areas from 847 to 873.
The growth of Haryana`s population during census 2011 was more than that of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Chandigarh and Uttarakhand.
Haryana`s population grew by 19.9 per cent to 2.53 crore during census 2011 as against population during census 2001.
The decadal growth of neighbouring states including Punjab was at 13.9 per cent, Himachal Pradesh at 12.9 per cent, UT Chandigarh at 17.2 per cent, Uttarakhand at 18.8 per cent, Rajasthan at 21.3 and Uttar Pradesh at 20.2 per cent.
Growth of population in rural areas was 9.8 per cent while in urban areas was 44.6 per cent, as per the data.
Density of population of Haryana state has increased from 478 during 2001 to 573 in 2011.
The literacy rate of the state has improved from 67.9 per cent in 2001 to 75.6 per cent in 2011.
In rural areas, literacy rate increased from 63.2 per cent to 71.4 per cent and in urban areas from 79.2 per cent to 83.1 per cent, according to data.
Maximum literacy has been recorded in Gurgaon district at 84.7 per cent, Panchkula at 81.9 and Ambala at 81.7.
Minimum literacy percentage was recorded in Mewat at 54.1, Fatehabad at 67.9 and Sirsa at 68.8.
Female literacy registered an overall increase of 10.2 per cent from 55.7 to 65.9 in 2011.
The percentage share of scheduled caste in Haryana has increased to 20.2 per cent as compared to 19.3 per cent in Census 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan