Gurgaon MP Rao Inderjit moves to form new party
Gurgaon: Congress leader and Gurgaon MP Rao Inderjeet Singh`s supporters have applied for registration of their front as a political party, party sources said.
The new party has been named the Haryana Insaf Congress and the younger daughter of the former central minister has been appointed its president.
"Rao`s younger daughter Bharti Singh Rao has been appointed the president of proposed party," party sources told a news agency.
Bharti Singh Rao had got married to a Delhi-based businessman a few months ago.
Rao Inderjeet, currently chairman of the parliamentary standing committee for information and technology, did not responded to phone calls by the news agency for comment on the new party.
According to the papers submitted at Election Commission of India in New Delhi, the main office of the Haryana Insaf Congress is at a farm house near Bhagwat Bhakti Ashram in Haryana`s Rewari district.
"Dalip Singh has been made secretary while Surender Kumar has been given charge as treasurer," a Haryana Insaf Manch official, who did not wish to be named, told IANS.
Rao Inderjeet has announced the formation of the Haryana Insaf Manch (HIM) in a huge public rally organised at Pataudi March 3 this year, while attacking Chief Minister Bhupender Singh Hooda for being "biased" with the people of south Haryana in allotting development projects and government jobs.
South Haryana comprises the districts of Gurgaon, Faridabad, Mewat, Palwal, Rewari, Mahendergarh and Bhiwani.
A four-time legislator in Haryana since 1977, Rao Inderjit was first elected to the Lok Sabha in 1998, and re-elected in 2004 and 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’