Haryana acid attack victim gets Rs 20 lakh for surgery
Chandigarh: A girl volleyball player, who became the victim of an acid attack in Haryana`s Rohtak town last year, will be given Rs 20 lakh by the state government for her plastic surgery, a state minister said on Thursday.
Women and Child Development Minister Geeta Bhukkal said the state level panel set up under the Relief and Rehabilitation of Women Acid Victims scheme, which met here Thursday, decided to release an immediate relief of Rs 20 lakh to Ritu Saini for her plastic surgery.
Bhukkal said that any further assistance, if required for the treatment, would also be given to Saini.
She has been advised to undergo plastic surgery by the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi, for which the cost would be around Rs 20 lakh.
Saini was attacked in Rohtak town May last year by two youths who threw acid on her. Police said the assailants were hired by a cousin of the victim, who liked her, to throw acid on her. The duo has been arrested.
The Relief and Rehabilitation of Women Acid Victims scheme provides temporary relief, medical reimbursement and rehabilitation services to acid attack victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars