Haryana acid attack victim gets Rs 20 lakh for surgery
Chandigarh: A girl volleyball player, who became the victim of an acid attack in Haryana`s Rohtak town last year, will be given Rs 20 lakh by the state government for her plastic surgery, a state minister said on Thursday.
Women and Child Development Minister Geeta Bhukkal said the state level panel set up under the Relief and Rehabilitation of Women Acid Victims scheme, which met here Thursday, decided to release an immediate relief of Rs 20 lakh to Ritu Saini for her plastic surgery.
Bhukkal said that any further assistance, if required for the treatment, would also be given to Saini.
She has been advised to undergo plastic surgery by the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi, for which the cost would be around Rs 20 lakh.
Saini was attacked in Rohtak town May last year by two youths who threw acid on her. Police said the assailants were hired by a cousin of the victim, who liked her, to throw acid on her. The duo has been arrested.
The Relief and Rehabilitation of Women Acid Victims scheme provides temporary relief, medical reimbursement and rehabilitation services to acid attack victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read