Haryana notifies act to constitute Women Commissio
Chandigarh: The Haryana government on Thursday notified an Act that will facilitate the constitution of a state women`s commission.
The Haryana State Commission for Women Act, 2012 has been enacted to strengthen the State Women Commission by providing it the statutory status, an official release said here.
The Act has been enforced in the entire state and the government would soon constitute the Haryana State Commission for Women to exercise the powers conferred on, and perform the functions assigned to it under the Act.
The enactment of the Act was necessitated because as per the existing status of the Commission, it did not exercise all the powers of a civil court including summoning, enforcing the attendance, requiring the production of any document, receiving evidence on affidavit and examination of witnesses and documents, it said.
The Commission would consist of a chairperson, who would be a woman, to be nominated by the Government.
It will also have a vice-chairperson and a maximum of five members to be nominated by the Government from amongst persons of ability, integrity and standing who have experience in various fields including law, legislation, trade unionism, management of industry or organisation committed to increase the employment potential for women.
At least one member shall be from amongst persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the release said adding, the Member Secretary will be nominated by the government preferably from amongst the women officers of the Indian Administrative Services or the Haryana Civil Service, not below the rank of Joint or Deputy Secretary to the Government.
The term of the Commission would be three years.
The Commission will among other things look into complaints and take suo moto notice of matters relating to deprivation of women’s rights; non-implementation of laws enacted to provide protection to women and also to achieve the objective of equality and development, it said.
The Government may consult the Commission on all major policy matters affecting women, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch