Hooda announces to provide land for ISKCON temple
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday announced to provide a six-acre land for the construction of ISKCON temple at Kurukshetra.
Hooda made this announcement on the request of President, ISKCON Temple, Kurukshetra, Sakshi Gopal Das, who called on him here today, in this regard.
The Chief Minister, according to an official release, said the proposed temple would be the replica of ISKCON temple at Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh.
Hooda said Sri Venkateswara Swami (Balaji) Temple, a replica of Tirupati Balaji temple in Andhra Pradesh, is already under construction at Kurukshetra.
Recently, the Chief Minister had also announced to give land for the construction of Akshardham Temple there.
With the construction of ISKCON temple, the "Triveni" of temples would be completed and religious importance of Kurukshetra would be further enhanced at the national and international level, he said.
The Chief Minister said he has always desired to develop Kurukshetra as a tourist destination of international level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price