Hooda announces to provide land for ISKCON temple
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Thursday announced to provide a six-acre land for the construction of ISKCON temple at Kurukshetra.
Hooda made this announcement on the request of President, ISKCON Temple, Kurukshetra, Sakshi Gopal Das, who called on him here today, in this regard.
The Chief Minister, according to an official release, said the proposed temple would be the replica of ISKCON temple at Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh.
Hooda said Sri Venkateswara Swami (Balaji) Temple, a replica of Tirupati Balaji temple in Andhra Pradesh, is already under construction at Kurukshetra.
Recently, the Chief Minister had also announced to give land for the construction of Akshardham Temple there.
With the construction of ISKCON temple, the "Triveni" of temples would be completed and religious importance of Kurukshetra would be further enhanced at the national and international level, he said.
The Chief Minister said he has always desired to develop Kurukshetra as a tourist destination of international level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city