Mob torches two buses near Ambala
Ambala: Enraged over the alleged murder of a youth, a mob torched two buses of Haryana Roadways near Shajadpur, around 20 km from here on Monday.
The body of Jaswinder Singh, a villager of Bairpura missing since Sunday, was recovered from a field. Serious injury marks were found on the neck of the deceased.
Relatives of the deceased got agitated and blocked the Naraingarh highway for two hours, officials said adding, the mob torched two buses.
DCP (Rural) Najneen Bhashin and other officers rushed to the spot and the blockade was lifted after police assured relatives that the matter will be investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder