Mob torches two buses near Ambala
Ambala: Enraged over the alleged murder of a youth, a mob torched two buses of Haryana Roadways near Shajadpur, around 20 km from here on Monday.
The body of Jaswinder Singh, a villager of Bairpura missing since Sunday, was recovered from a field. Serious injury marks were found on the neck of the deceased.
Relatives of the deceased got agitated and blocked the Naraingarh highway for two hours, officials said adding, the mob torched two buses.
DCP (Rural) Najneen Bhashin and other officers rushed to the spot and the blockade was lifted after police assured relatives that the matter will be investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope