`Molester` let off after Panchayat intervention
Hisar: An alleged molester was let off by police after intervention by Panchayat members at Hansi, some 26 km from here, officials said here on Sunday.
Nand Kishorre Singla, who molested a 28-year-old married woman from Jamawari village, was let off after Panchayat members requested police not to register a case against him on hearing his "apology", police said.
The woman had come along with her brother to purchase food for animals when Singla molested her, police said.
People gathered at the spot and Singla fled, but was later summoned to the police station on people`s demand.
He sought an apology from the woman and from members of Panchayat and elders of the village who intervened in the matter at the police station in Hansi.
Satisfied by the apology offered by the trader, the Panchayat members requested the police not to register a case against the trader and let him off, police said.
After observing that the situation was under control, police let off the alleged molester with a warning not to repeat such a crime in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell