`Molester` let off after Panchayat intervention
Hisar: An alleged molester was let off by police after intervention by Panchayat members at Hansi, some 26 km from here, officials said here on Sunday.
Nand Kishorre Singla, who molested a 28-year-old married woman from Jamawari village, was let off after Panchayat members requested police not to register a case against him on hearing his "apology", police said.
The woman had come along with her brother to purchase food for animals when Singla molested her, police said.
People gathered at the spot and Singla fled, but was later summoned to the police station on people`s demand.
He sought an apology from the woman and from members of Panchayat and elders of the village who intervened in the matter at the police station in Hansi.
Satisfied by the apology offered by the trader, the Panchayat members requested the police not to register a case against the trader and let him off, police said.
After observing that the situation was under control, police let off the alleged molester with a warning not to repeat such a crime in future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic