One killed in Gurgaon gang war
Gurgaon: Four unidentified assailants killed one and injured at least two others in Gurgaon in an apparent gang war, police said on Tuesday.
"Four unidentified bike-borne men fired indiscriminately on the SUV of Manish Gujjar, brother of a jailed gangster, Binder Gujjar, here on rail road around 12.30 a.m. on Tuesday," a senior police officer said.
Gujjar, a liquor trader, was on his way to his shop on Railway Road in his SUV to collect cash at the time of the attack.
He reportedly received more than a dozen bullets, said the police.
He was rushed to the Medanta Medicity hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival.
Gujjar`s driver Sukhbir and one of his close aides were also critically injured in the incident.
Police linked the shootout to gang rivalry.
Binder Gujjar, the gangster-turned-politician, allegedly involved in number of cases of murder, attempt to murders, extortion and other crimes, is currently in jail.
Gujjar`s close aide and gangster Mahesh -- alias Attack -- was also shot dead by his rival Kaushal and his accomplices on September 21, near Jharsa Chowk here while he was returning home in an SUV.
Kaushal was reportedly close to another slain gangster Sandeep Gadoli.
Gadoli was killed in an aparently fake shootout by Gurgaon police in a Mumbai hotel on February 7, at the alleged behest of Binder Gujjar.
A Mumbai Special Investigation Team had filed its report to the Supreme Court on the fake encounter in May in which five Gurgaon policemen and three others were involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers