Power supply in Haryana to get a boost after coal block offer
Chandigarh: Power generation in Haryana is expected to get a boost after Ministry of Coal allocated the Kalyanpur-Badalpara coal block jointly to the state, ensuring fuel security for Haryana Power Generation Corporation Limited.
Stating this, the state Power Minister Ajay Singh Yadav said the coal block in Jharkhand, which has been allocated jointly to Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, has estimated reserves of about 102 Million Tonnes and is spread over an area of about 6 Sq kms.
He said this is the second coal block to be allotted to Haryana and will be used for partially meeting the fuel requirement of the 1x660 MW thermal generating Unit at Yamunanagar, whose progress is held up for want of coal linkage.
With the allocation of the new coal block, the project can take off and its commissioning can be expected in the 13th plan period, he said.
Another coal block at Mara-II?Mahan in Madhya Pradesh, having reserves of about 950 Million Tonnes is already being developed by Haryana, jointly with the Government of Delhi.
The Minister said that the new coal block would support the ambitious generation capacity addition programme of Haryana.
He said that in addition to the 1X660 MW thermal generating Unit at Yamunanagar, the State has planned to set up two generating Units of 250/300 MW capacity Unit-9 and 10 at Panipat and also a 1500 MW gas based project in District Faridabad.
Haryana is also facilitating the setting up of a 4X700 MW Nuclear Power Project in Fatehabad by the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd from which more than 50 per cent power would be available for Haryana.
The Minister said that the Haryana government is also planning to set-up 1500-2000 MW Hydro Electric Power Project in Bhutan in joint venture with the Royal Government of Bhutan.
The process of identification of sites for the Hydro Electric Project has already been initiated, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!