Rains lash many places in Punjab, Haryana; cold wave continues
Chandigarh: Light to moderate rains lashed many places in Punjab and Haryana on Tuesday, even as biting cold conditions continued to prevail in the region.
Rains lashed Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Pathankot, Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Phagwara, Jalandhar, Ambala, Panchkula, Yamunanagar, Sonepat, Panipat, Kaithal, Karnal and Kurukshetra, a MeT official said here.
Freezing cold swept Narnaul in Haryana which registered a low of 0.5 deg C.
Hisar also experienced a cold night at 1.5 deg C, five degrees below normal, while Karnal`s low settled at 2.8 deg C, down four degrees.
Ambala recorded a low of 5.1 deg C, while Bhiwani`s minimum settled at 7 deg C.
In Punjab, piercing cold continued to sweep Ludhiana and Amritsar, with both towns recording minimum temperatures of 1.6 deg C and 1.8 deg C, respectively.
Chandigarh, too, had a cold night at 5.6 deg C. After days of sunny weather here, the weather was inclement here today.
Meanwhile, according to agriculture experts, the current spell of rains have brought cheers to farmers, especially potato growers.
The winter rain is considered highly beneficial for crops like wheat, peas, mustard and potatoes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?