Rape allegation by wife pushes husband to commit suicide
Fatehabad: A man along with his brother on Thursday committed suicide hours after his wife alleged that the duo raped her in the presence of their mother in Bhuna town of the district.
The 32-year-old woman, a mother of two, lodged a complaint this morning against her husband Anil and brother-in-law Sunil saying they raped her last night, police said.
She also alleged that her mother-in-law was present in the house and did not come to her rescue.
Later, when Anil, Sunil and their mother came to know about the complaint they reached the bank of Bhakhra canal, tied themselves together, and jumped into it, police said.
The brothers drowned in the canal and their bodies were later fished out. Their mother survived and was rushed to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday