Rape allegation by wife pushes husband to commit suicide
Fatehabad: A man along with his brother on Thursday committed suicide hours after his wife alleged that the duo raped her in the presence of their mother in Bhuna town of the district.
The 32-year-old woman, a mother of two, lodged a complaint this morning against her husband Anil and brother-in-law Sunil saying they raped her last night, police said.
She also alleged that her mother-in-law was present in the house and did not come to her rescue.
Later, when Anil, Sunil and their mother came to know about the complaint they reached the bank of Bhakhra canal, tied themselves together, and jumped into it, police said.
The brothers drowned in the canal and their bodies were later fished out. Their mother survived and was rushed to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars