Teenager thrown out of moving train in Rohtak
Rohtak (Haryana): A dispute over a seat took an ugly turn when a 17-year-old boy was allegedly thrown out of a speeding train by two youths on Delhi-Firojpur railway line near Khairati village here late on Monday evening.
The youth Aneesh, who hails from Moradabad in UP, has been admitted to PGIMS in Rohtak where his condition is stated to be critical, according to police.
Government Railway Police (GRP) arrested the two accused after registering a case of attempt to murder against them in connection with the incident.
Police said the incident took place when Aneesh, along with his friends, was going to Delhi in Awadh-Aassam Express train.
As the train halted at Rohtak station, Aneesh got down to drink water but on boarding back he found two youths occupying his seat.
When Aneesh asked the youths to vacate the seat, they got infuriated and allegedly threw out him from the moving train after engaging him in verbal duel, police said.
Friends of Aneesh then overpowered the two youths and handed over the GRP after reaching Jind railway station, added the police.
The police later informed the GRP, Rohtak, officials who went to Khairati village and found Aneesh lying on railway track in a critical condition.
Rahul of Narwana town (Jind) and Rahul of Petwad village (Hisar) have been arrested after being booked under section 302 of the IPC .
Aneesh is under treatment at an emergency ward of the PGIMS in Rohtak, said Snehraj, the Investigative Officer of the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people