Verdict against Chautala `historic decision`: Bishnoi
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi on Tuesday hailed the 10-year jail sentence awarded to former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, terming it as a "historic decision" that will have impact not only on the state but the entire country.
Bishnoi expressed hope that the Delhi court`s verdict would help reduce corruption which is ailing the country.
"It is a historic decision. It will set a good precedent," he said while reacting to the court verdict against Chautala in a teacher recruitment scam.
Bishnoi, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, said the judgement will have impact not only on the state but the entire country as it has demonstrated that even big political families cannot escape the law of the land.
"It will help reduce corruption as anybody wanting to indulge in corruption will be deterred," he said.
Bishnoi also condemned the violence at the Rohini court premises allegedly by Chautala supporters, saying it portrays Haryana in bad light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj