Verdict against Chautala `historic decision`: Bishnoi
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi on Tuesday hailed the 10-year jail sentence awarded to former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, terming it as a "historic decision" that will have impact not only on the state but the entire country.
Bishnoi expressed hope that the Delhi court`s verdict would help reduce corruption which is ailing the country.
"It is a historic decision. It will set a good precedent," he said while reacting to the court verdict against Chautala in a teacher recruitment scam.
Bishnoi, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, said the judgement will have impact not only on the state but the entire country as it has demonstrated that even big political families cannot escape the law of the land.
"It will help reduce corruption as anybody wanting to indulge in corruption will be deterred," he said.
Bishnoi also condemned the violence at the Rohini court premises allegedly by Chautala supporters, saying it portrays Haryana in bad light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing