Verdict against Chautala `historic decision`: Bishnoi
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi on Tuesday hailed the 10-year jail sentence awarded to former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, terming it as a "historic decision" that will have impact not only on the state but the entire country.
Bishnoi expressed hope that the Delhi court`s verdict would help reduce corruption which is ailing the country.
"It is a historic decision. It will set a good precedent," he said while reacting to the court verdict against Chautala in a teacher recruitment scam.
Bishnoi, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, said the judgement will have impact not only on the state but the entire country as it has demonstrated that even big political families cannot escape the law of the land.
"It will help reduce corruption as anybody wanting to indulge in corruption will be deterred," he said.
Bishnoi also condemned the violence at the Rohini court premises allegedly by Chautala supporters, saying it portrays Haryana in bad light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH