Verdict against Chautala `historic decision`: Bishnoi
New Delhi: Haryana Janhit Congress leader Kuldeep Bishnoi on Tuesday hailed the 10-year jail sentence awarded to former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, terming it as a "historic decision" that will have impact not only on the state but the entire country.
Bishnoi expressed hope that the Delhi court`s verdict would help reduce corruption which is ailing the country.
"It is a historic decision. It will set a good precedent," he said while reacting to the court verdict against Chautala in a teacher recruitment scam.
Bishnoi, son of former Haryana Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, said the judgement will have impact not only on the state but the entire country as it has demonstrated that even big political families cannot escape the law of the land.
"It will help reduce corruption as anybody wanting to indulge in corruption will be deterred," he said.
Bishnoi also condemned the violence at the Rohini court premises allegedly by Chautala supporters, saying it portrays Haryana in bad light.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know