Youth booked for eloping with minor girl in Faridabad
Faridabad: A man has lodged a complaint against a youth for allegedly eloping with his minor daughter on the promise of marriage, police said on Saturday.
The resident of the city`s Indira Nagar locality yesterday filed the complaint against Suraj accusing him of eloping with his 15-year-old daughter, they said, adding, case has been lodged against the accused.
In another complaint, also filed yesterday, a girl from the city`s Parvatiya Colony has accused a Sector 23 resident of repeatedly raping her over some years on false promise of marriage.
The girl stated in her complaint that she was in a relationship with Rajan Prasad for seven years, police said.
However, his family members refused to allow Rajan to marry her and instead threatened to frame false cases against her and her parents if they approached authorities for help.
A case was registered against Rajan, his parents, brother and cousin, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon