Youth booked for eloping with minor girl in Faridabad
Faridabad: A man has lodged a complaint against a youth for allegedly eloping with his minor daughter on the promise of marriage, police said on Saturday.
The resident of the city`s Indira Nagar locality yesterday filed the complaint against Suraj accusing him of eloping with his 15-year-old daughter, they said, adding, case has been lodged against the accused.
In another complaint, also filed yesterday, a girl from the city`s Parvatiya Colony has accused a Sector 23 resident of repeatedly raping her over some years on false promise of marriage.
The girl stated in her complaint that she was in a relationship with Rajan Prasad for seven years, police said.
However, his family members refused to allow Rajan to marry her and instead threatened to frame false cases against her and her parents if they approached authorities for help.
A case was registered against Rajan, his parents, brother and cousin, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch