Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Swelling in the feet is basically termed as edema. It happens when the body finds it difficult to fight gravity to move blood and fluids back up the legs, thereby leading to swelling in the legs, ankle and feet.
Now, the reason for swelling in your feet can be due to several reasons like pregnancy, high blood pressure etc.
Here are a few home remedies to cure swollen feet:
- Add in little quantity either eucalyptus or peppermint oil in a bucket of water. Soak your feet in it. It will give a lot of relief.
- A good foot massage too works wonders as it eases the clogged blood and reduces swelling.
- One can also try soaking his/her legs in salt water, It too eases swelling.
- Try elevating your feet on a pillow while you lie down. Also, at work one can support his/her feet on a small footrest under their desk.
- Drink a lot of water as excess salt is a big contributor to swelling. Try drinking at least 7-8 glasses of water daily.
Inflation woes: Prices of tomato, green chilli soar
Tutor caught torturing a 3-year-old on CCTV
Shiv Sena MPs `force` fasting Muslim to eat
Don`t take us for granted, NCP warns Congress