Conjoined twins Saba, Farah in critical condition in Bihar
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
Patna:The conjoined twins, Saba and Farah in Bihar are said to be in critical condition and have been admitted to a leading hospital in Patna.
Earlier this year, the Supreme Court had ordered the Bihar government to look after their medical expenses and provide all kinds of financial help to the family. The twins share a vital blood vessel in the brain. While Farah has two kidneys, Saba has none.
The family of Saba and Farah were provided financial aid after they had rejected surgery to separate the two of them in the absence of funds.
Dr Shyam Sundar, who has been treating the twins said that the twins have been facing complications from the past few days. "Farah has been bleeding from the nose from the past five days with some respiratory tract infection and the blood pressure of both the twins is low. We are still evaluating the cause of the bleeding and a multi speciality team is having a look'', he said.
In case, an operation is being carried out to separate the head, it would prove to be a real medical challenge ,according to Doctor Sundar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Jules Bianchi: Late F1 driver's family plan legal action against F1
- Aamir Khan, Kajol's 'Fanaa' ticks 10 years, team celebrates on Twitter!
- Manchester United lacked identity under Louis van Gaal, says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!