Drying laundry indoors bad for health
London: Drying clothes indoors could cause health problems, particularly to those prone to asthma, hay fever and other allergies, say researchers.
A study found many homes in Britain had too much moisture indoors and up to 30 percent of this was caused by laundry, the Daily Mail reported Friday.
The researchers said three-quarters of homes surveyed had moisture levels that could lead to dust mite growth and were at risk of increased concentration of mould spores.
The reduction in air quality has been tied to asthma and other allergic conditions.
The researchers are now calling for the return of communal drying areas to try and alleviate the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital